Addicted to Books, Coffee, and Cigarettes

Wednesday, July 13, 2005

The Job Search

Here I am, live in Chicago.

Finally, after 2 weeks of no responses, I have agreed to do a 4 week temp assignment. Here's the sucky part: it only pays $11 an hour. I made more than that in AL without a degree doing the same exact work. If this is what I have to look forward to, then this is not the place for me.

I am continuing to search the net for jobs at community colleges, publishing houses, newspapers-- ANYTHING that will actually put my talents and my degrees to work. I can't just sit on my ass for the next year answering phones and sorting mail. I can't.

I am happy to begin working, though...tomorrow is my first day on the job. The only thing I'm worried about is how to get to the location. I know the address, but I don't know how to get there by EL. AND, I don't want to be late. I got a parking ticket the other day because my alarms (yes, more than one) did not wake me up in time to move my car. Fifty bucks. I am going to ask my roomies to make sure I am up and walking around before they leave.

Anyway--things are ok right now, I really have no reason to complain. I do have a job...I have a place to live...I have some great friends to hang out with...and I have someone who loves me...
So life really isn't all that bad...
In fact, I'm pretty happy (once I forget to complain...)

a

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home